+44 (0)1923 205748

DDD Group History











2012
DDD celebrates its Centenary. Trinity Scientific set up to sell laboratory services
2010
Acquisitions of Snufflebabe and Nasosal
2009
Combe International joined Dendron as distribution partners
2008
Launch of Iglu
2007
New laminar-flow dispensing booths installed at Rickmansworth Road
2006
Distribution begins of Dentyl pH on behalf of our long-standing business partner, Blistex Inc.
2005
Distribution begins of Fenjal and Mum on behalf of Doetsch Grether of Basel, Switzerland.
2004
Nigel Halsby retires to the role of non-executive Chairman. Tom Horner, his nephew, takes over as General Manager
2003
Dendron moves into new premises with more space for expansion
2002
New state of the art QA and Product Development laboratories built to handle increasing NPD work.
2001
Self-managing team concept established in both Dendron and Fleet
2001
Acquisition of Pulmo Bailly from Roche
1997
Dedicated hormone suite and microbiology lab built
1996
Installation of new MRP system
1994
Acquisition of the Astral moisturising brand from Unilever
1992
New controlled environmental filling rooms
1991
Ibuleve launched as the UK’s first OTC topical NSAID, in partnership with Dermal Laboratories
1990
Nigel Halsby appointed managing director
1988
Dendron occupies a separate site
1980
Fleet Laboratories established as a separate contract manufacturing business
1964
Joint venture with Blistex Inc established
1959
Agreement to represent Dentinox Baby Care products in the UK
1951
Company moves to Watford Rickmansworth Road site and sets up a dedicated pharmaceutical production site
1943
Dendron becomes a subsidiary of DDD
1917
Business moves to No. 3 Fleet Lane, London (hence Fleet Laboratories).
1916
DDD acquired by Joseph Halsby (great-grandfather of the current Managing Director)
1914
DDD Export set up
1912
DDD Ltd founded by the DDD Co, Chicago to sell Dr D Dennis’ DDD Prescription. First year profits were £738. 1s. 8d.